Thursday, 1 March 2012

TWC: The Posh Frock

I'm not gonna lie to you - I did have my 2012 Challenge in the back of my mind for a while now. Due to a variety of events beyond my control, I haven't had the time or the content to post anything for a while.

So for my first *coughrestrospectivecough* post on Twitchy's Wardrobe Challenge (2012) I decided to start off by making a posh frock in preparation for being spoilt by my family for my birthday at the start of February. I had the pattern:

V1137 - shortened a little

And the fabric:


I fell in love with that fabric the moment I saw it. I got this on my last sewing meet-up excursion to Goldhawk Road last year, and I think a few of us ended up laden down with this fabric. Although I think Stevie got a better deal on it than I did. I'm not bitter.

So out of two beautiful ingredients I ended up with...

Drumroll please....


The inside of a posh frock!

I can almost hear the anti-climatic grumble. Or not.

Here's the outside of the dress so you can see what I'm aiming for.

(Sorry about the darkish quality of the photos. And the rubbish visible to the left and the right)
So the problem was that I started sewing this dress in the first week of January *coughrestrospectivecough*, and finished the dress the last week of January in preparation for my birthday. Yes, sure, fine, what's the issue with that right? Well, I lost over a stone in weight and and inch and a half all over my body (woohoo!). Which meant I had a dress that was milllllleeeessss too big for me all over my body (not woohoo...).

This lead to a ripping of seams, including a beautifully inserted invisible zipper, and since then, the dress has been pinned to the tailors dummy waiting for the occasion necessary to provoke me into picking it up again. Serves me right for not fitting as I sew, but a disappointment none the less.

So there we have it, an almost fail at the start off. But tune in next time for not one, but TWO Rooibos dresses. Oh, yeah....

xTwitchyx

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a lot of weight loss. Congratulations - if it's down to healthy eating rather than, you know, illness! What's your secret? That fabric is absolutely gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing the Double Rooibos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was intentional - I decided to go on the Dukan Diet and have had amazing success. So perhaps not completely healthy eating but I'm still very pleased... x

      Delete