Monday, 27 February 2012

My 2012 Challenge

I've was very, very, very unproductive last year. Very. Unproductive. Very.

So this year, I want to create myself a challenge which will inspire me to sew more and complain about my failures to you more. You lucky things!

You hear all over the blogosphere about a capsule wardrobe, and I have indeed come to the realisation that I own about a billion dresses (exaggerate... moi?), all of which seem to be summer dresses or too large for me. There's not really anything practical about my wardrobe. And so enters my 2012 Challenge (snappy/witty/clever name to be decided).

The aim is to fill my wardrobe with 12 new items, equaling 1 make for every month. This way I'm giving myself plenty of time to make things, I won't feel all pressured and give up like normal. If I make any more than that, then we'll call it a bonus. Huzzah!

Twitchy's 2012 Challenge will consist of.....

Drumroll......

1 coat
1 pair of trousers
1 posh frock
1 Rooibos
1 Chantilly
1 Bombshell dress
1 Stripy blazer, possibly courtesy of Gertie's Starlet Suit course
1 Black Beignet
1 circle skirt
3 blouses

By the by, I finally made a decision on the sewing course to take this year, and am starting my Tailoring Course at Lewisham College this Wednesday. Eep! Hopefully this means I can get to work on my fantasy coat which will fit like a dream and make feel like a super hot (as in warm) star everywhere I go.

xTwitchyx

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, do tell us how the tailoring course goes! Good luck with your capsule wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound GREAT! Best of luck, and lucky you with a great sounding course.

    ReplyDelete