Monday, 7 November 2011

Something snaps

An absolute disaster threatened my new positive sewing resolve this week. My lovely little machine, which has served me well for almost two years broke.

No matter how much I twiddled the dials and wiggled the knobs, the thread just kept snapping - right in the middle of sewing a new Beignet (blue cotton with a beige tartan lining, since you ask). I managed to work out that the tension was far too tight for some unknown reason so it's gone to be repaired.

Unfortunately, this means I'll be sewing-machineless for two weeks whilst it's repaired and serviced. This does mean that I've picked up my knitting needles once more, firstly for a quilt that I've been working on for about 3 years now, and secondly to make a sock for my brand spanking new iphone. And seeing as I've got nothing else to show you, here it is (the sock not the phone - I'm sure you seen one of those before):


I'm thinking of stockpiling these as potential last minute gifts. What do you think?

xTwitchyx

0 comments:

Post a Comment