Thursday, 17 November 2011

Advice needed...

The Sewing Class, Alix Baronne d'Anethan

Hello all,

I need a little bit of advice from you.

Next year I am determined to do some sort of sewing course. Initially, I was going to enroll in Morley College's Intermediate Sewing Course, a la Karen, but was a little put off by Shivani's experiences.

That, and I'm having a really hard time trying to get anyone from Morley College on the phone to ask them about it. It's mildly off putting....

I was also going to attempt to make a coat this year, but Mummy Twitchy keeps suggesting that I take a course before starting - and of course she is right, who wants to waste yummy wool when you've paid a fortune for it.

I've found a course that does 'tailoring' in Lewisham. It's looks cheap (big smile), and that it might cater for different level (thumbs up), but again I'm finding it tricky to find out what to expect (another case of not being able to find anyone to talk to on the phone). I'm almost ashamed to ask, but what does tailoring really entail? I would have thought coats and jackets etc, but does anyone have any other ideas?

Any help on the subject would be very much appreciated. Does anyone have any recommendations for courses in Centralish or South London? Has anyone done a course or knows someone who has, either at Morley or Lewisham College? What the devil does Tailoring actually mean?

Thank you's with sprinkles if anyone has any advice or comments to give me!

xTwitchyx

3 comments:

  1. hello! I'm going to send you an email re the Morley College course x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's very difficult choosing a course. You're asked to pay all this money up front when you really have no idea what the quality is going to be or if it's the right course for you. I'll be really interested to hear what people have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steph,
    Great to meet you on Saturday - hope you finally get an answer out of the college so you can go on your class.

    Try a look at www.fashionantidote.com too - they were the classes I mentioned to you :)

    ReplyDelete