Monday, 13 June 2011

I am a bad blogger. A very bad blogger...

Hi there, remember me? The strange lady with the bizarre name? It's ok I'm still alive.

As you may recall, a few weeks ago, I set myself the task of making my first macaron dress out of the lace I bought from the Fabric Fandango. Needless to say, it's still sitting in the pile waiting to be finished.

I'm not sure what happened really. I so admire all those people who manage to make a dress in a week or weekend, or even a day if you saw any of Mena's 7 day challenge. I don't know what it is about trying to set myself a deadline. Even a fun deadline. It just makes me not want to do it. As a result of my complete failure to do, well, anything, I was too ashamed to blog about it. Just in case there were outcries of "Hey Twitchy, where's this dress you promised us?"

It makes me think, that perhaps I missing the point of my hobby completely. Sewing should be about the joy of making things, rather than the speed in which you make them. I've also come to the realisation that sewing is not a competition. Even though some people may have the skill of speed, Twitchy my dear, you most certainly do not.

Does anyone else do this? Expect to much from themselves when it comes to sewing? Perhaps tackle projects too big which results in the not wanting to do any of it?

Anyways. My mooch is now done. The lace dress is almost completed in fairness, I've just got the invisible zipper to insert (which I've never done before) and hemming to do.


In the meantime, here is that cardigan I promised you, oh so many moons ago...





Ta da!!!!

The pattern in the end was really easy to do. It was quick as anything, I didn't have to do my usual starting and unpicking three times before it even resembles a cardigan. The book itself (Vintage Knitwear for Modern Knitter by Lise-Lottie Lystrup) is really good.

The instructions were clear, it's got a glossary in the back, and I know I will attempt many of the projects in the book after completing this one.

I'm not gonna lie. I have done a bit of a poor job with the joining, but, as long as I'm happy with it, why not?

Today's lesson folks - it's all about the having of the fun.

And I'm gonna sign off now before you all start throwing things at me and leave my blog never to return.

Lots of love

xTwitchyx

3 comments:

  1. What an adorable cardi! I love it & thank you for the book recommendation- I will put it on my wishlist. You should sew at your own pace - it's horrible when you feel forced to do something - kills the enjoyment. All in good time! We'll still be here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that book! Your knitted make looks absolutely fabulous. What wool did you use? Ooh, you may have inspired me to attempt this. NB Deadlines are the PITS. Hate them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It's just some DK from one of those cheap shops that seem to sell a bit of everything. I'm not very good at buying expensive wool...

    ReplyDelete