Friday, 11 March 2011

Finished!

Hurrah! The Beignet skirt by Colette patterns is finished! to ensure that you don't have high expectations of it I'm going to tell you now - it's not great. I think as previously expected, the wool is just too bulky for the skirt, and I managed to poop up the button holes. Luckily these have been hidden by the tie belt, so people won't know. But I will.

I determined to get the most out of this skirt though, and am wearing it to work today. Plus it's wonderfully warm in the cold air conditioned office!

Pictures are to follow... once I take some.

I thought I'd fill you in on a little something I tried this week - bouldering. Now, since I was younger I've had this magical ability to fall off every single rock I've tried to climb. So I think it was quite impressive that I gave it a go.

Source: www.archclimbing.com


Bouldering is like rock climbing, but the walls are smaller, at inclines and with overhangs. You're not attached to the wall either. I did it at Arch Climbing in London Bridge, and I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it! The first thing they make you do is jump off the wall, which was terrifying! I could barely pull myself onto the wall, it turns out I have the upper arm strength of a kangaroo. And boy, did I hurt the next day. And the day after.

Anyways, after that little diversion into the excitement that is my life, I'm going to head off to twirl around in my new skirt.

x Twitchy x

1 comment:

  1. Hello Steph! You now have a blog (& it's cute!). Looking forward to seeing your Beignet - hopefully the weekend will offer photo opps. See you soon
    S.B.

    ReplyDelete